Flooring has always been one of the most popular decoration materials, and many owners do not know the detailed knowledge of floor, such as floor type, size, brand, decoration and floor maintenance. Below, Xiaole brings you an article Explain in detail for you~
What are the types of flooring?
There are mainly five types of flooring commonly available in the market:
Solid wood floor, also called log floor; solid wood composite floor; laminate floor; bamboo floor; cork floor
What are their characteristics and how are they different?
1 solid wood flooring
It is a floor decoration material formed after wood is dried and processed
It has natural patterns, comfortable feet, and safe to use, suitable for floor decoration such as bedrooms, living rooms, study rooms, etc.
It cuts high-quality solid wood into a variety of single pieces, dehydrated and pasted and pressed at high temperature. There are three layers and multiple layers.
Wear resistance, high temperature resistance, impact resistance, not easy to mold and moth-eaten
Floor composed of four layers of materials, namely wear-resistant layer, decorative layer, high-density substrate layer, balance (moisture-proof) layer
It is formed by splicing bamboo boards together through high temperature and high pressure using adhesive
Strong decoration, small color difference, environmental protection and suitable for all seasons
5 cork flooring
A floor made from the bark of an oak tree
Elasticity and anti-slip properties are relatively strong , and heat preservation and noise isolation , but more expensive
The advantages and disadvantages of these floors are analyzed in detail as follows:
Detailed explanation of common floor sizes
The standard board specification is 90*900*18mm , the wide board specification is 120*900*18mm ,
In addition, there are some non-standard sizes, such as short boards with length and width of 750 and 600mm, and narrow boards with width of 60mm.
Common ones are 1200mmÃ—150mmÃ—15mm, 800mmÃ—20mmÃ—15mm, 1802mmÃ—303mmÃ—15mm (12mm) and 1802mmÃ—150mmÃ—15mm
The specifications are relatively uniform, generally 1200mmÃ—90mmÃ—8mm , and there are also products with a thickness of 7mm
Conventional sizes are mainly 15*90*909mm, 15*96*960mm, 15*96*1850mm/1920mm, 15*190*1900mm, these specifications
915mmÃ—305mmÃ—11mm (LÃ—WÃ—H) 900/600/300mmÃ—600/300mmÃ—3/4/5/6mm
However, cork has entered the era of customization and can be customized according to customer needs
Floor paving process
Three points depend on quality, and seven points depend on paving. After the floor is selected, it is installed. The quality of the paving plays an important role in the subsequent use. Before paving, a comprehensive inspection of the paving environment is required:
â‘ Moisture content : the required standard for ordinary ground is less than 20%, and the required standard for geothermal floors is less than 10%
âžœ â‘¡Floor flatness : if it is not level, it needs to be flattened with a spatula, if it is serious, it needs to be re-leveled or self-leveling
âžœ â‘¢Whether the ground is solid : hit the ground with the handle of a screwdriver or a hammer to check whether the ground is hollow or peeling
âžœ â‘£Whether there are termites in the environment : carefully observe whether there are termites around the room and furniture, and perform inspection and prevention projects
âžœ â‘¤ Avoid cross-mixing operations : Floor paving should be done after the completion and acceptance of concealed ground works, ceiling works, etc.
âžœ â‘¥Is there any waterproof measures: Check whether the waterproof measures are well done before paving and whether there is water leakage in the house
âžœ â‘¦Consultation and labeling of concealed works : indicate the location of concealed works in the room and make eye-catching notes to avoid damage during construction
âž¤ âž¤After completing the preliminary inspection work, you can start floor paving:
1. Ground finishing: clean up the building residues on the ground, preset door height <10%
2. Open skirting holes: the hole distance is 500mmÂ±10mm, the hole diameter should be 3-5mm smaller than the diameter of the wooden wedge <10%
3. Thoroughly clean the floor hygiene: do not underestimate this problem, the cleanliness of the floor is very important
4. Laying moisture-proof film: Lay a 0.2mm thick moisture-proof film; overlap the joints by 200mm, and seal them tightly with tape, and they need to be lifted up by 50-60mm against the wall
5. Laying the floor mats: the floor mats cannot be overlapped, the joints are sealed with 60mm wide tape, and the surrounding sides are 30-50mm, and the skirting line shall not exceed the standard
6. Pre-select color separation and test paving: there is a color difference problem, you need to distinguish between colors and communicate to reach a paving consensus before paving
7. The pavement room starts from the upper left corner: the female tenon of the floor is leaning against the wall, and 8-12mm reserved seams should be reserved for fixing objects such as walls and water pipes.
8. Floor splicing with a hammer : In the process of splicing the floor, you need to use a hammer to splice the floor.
9. Installing springs at the ends: After paving the floor, take out the positioning wedges and install springs on the ends or edges of the floor
10. Install the skirting line: After the nail is driven into the skirting line, completely smash the nail cap in, and apply nail eye ointment of similar color
11. Cleanliness : clean the floor and reach the standard for direct living
How to do floor maintenance?
After the floor is installed, the next thing you have to face is how to maintain and maintain it. If the floor is well maintained, the life will be extended, which can save you a lot of unnecessary expenses and time.
1 solid wood flooring / parquet
2. Fire prevention
3. Damage prevention
5. Waxing regularly
2 laminate flooring
1. Keep laminate flooring dry and clean
2. Overweight items should be placed steadily; please do not drag when moving furniture
3. Avoid direct sunlight and keep the floor humidity when dry
4. No need to wax and paint, do not use sandpaper to polish
3 bamboo flooring
1. Keep indoor ventilated and dry environment
2. Avoid sun exposure and rain
3. Avoid damaging the floor surface
4. Correct cleaning and care
4 cork flooring
1. Avoid bringing sand into the room
2. After three or five years of use, if there is abrasion in individual parts, it can be partially compensated
3. As with solid wood flooring, it is generally sufficient to apply floor wax once half a year
After reading the above maintenance techniques, you may notice that solid wood flooring, solid wood composite flooring, and cork flooring all need to be waxed. After waxing, it not only increases the gloss and hardness of the wooden floor, but also prevents moisture and stains.
Take a look at waxing techniques :
Therefore, if you want to lay a satisfactory floor at home, you must not only fully understand the characteristics and advantages and disadvantages of various floors before buying, but also have a general grasp of the paving process, and pay attention to the floor in the subsequent use. Maintenance and maintenance issues.
Screwdriver Bit,Best Screwdriver Bits,Best Screwdriver Bit Set,Magnetic Screwdriver Bits
henan horn tools co.,ltd. , https://www.horn-tool.com